Friday, September 16, 2011

Want to ride the learning curve? Just add equestrian!

A friend named Laura who's a stylist approached me with a concept for a shoot. It involved horses and hot girls... not that kind of shoot. She wanted to combine her love of fashion and horses so she came up with some cool concepts to capture. I started sweating immediately. Let's take a large animal that's afraid of things like mice, inanimate objects, and any sudden lights, sounds, or movements. Let's put this animal around some dainty women, and daintier camera equipment and ask it to pose. What can go wrong?
Actually, nothing. I did a LOT of research (1 google search) into equestrian photography and the experts all concurred (on 2 forums) that horses are good with flash photography. 
The shoot was amazing, the hair and makeup girls were amazing, and the horse, Riley, settled into having his picture taken after a few minor spaz outs. He even smiled in the first photo...





My lovely girlfriend was again modelling and I thought I'd take this opportunity to embarrass her a little since she made me promise I wouldn't put the pic up on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment